Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Art of Comedy


Being a professional comedian is quite an interesting occupation.  The constant question that I'm presented with is, "Are you funny?"  Of course, I enjoy answering that question with my performance.  The downside of that is sometimes I may not get the gig because of unfamiliarity. Over the last couple of months, I've been researching many of the great artists of our time: Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Vermeer, da Vinci, Rembrandt, etc.  In times past, I have not always appreciated the importance of the arts, or realized the high level of acumen it takes to create works of art.  What I have found is there are great similarities in how artists approach the creative process.  I can assure you that I will not attempt to slice my ear off at any point; but I am definitely open to immersing myself into the arts to find the connections that I can transition to the stage.  Hence the new movement - The Art of Comedy.

I would like to give shout outs to a few folks:

SC Ovarian Cancer Foundation - I truly know that girls just wanna have fun!  LOL!

Greater Young Zion Baptist Church - Augusta, GA - A lint brush, really y'all??  I'll see you in November, GYZ!

The Harvin family - Stuckey, SC - Ms. Shirley was a great sidekick.

Clarendon Safe Schools Initiative - Family Happy Hour is off the chain.

Chosen 2 Conquer International Ministries - Digital Sounds was excellent.  Tell Brother Charles to leave the animals alone!  LOL!

Thanks for coming along on the ride.

Holla at ya boi - 
Comedian Mike Goodwin



  

No comments:

Post a Comment